Migrating to Nextcloud 9.0
written on Saturday, June 18, 2016
The following steps were required to migrate from ownCloud 8.2.5 to Nextcloud 9.0.50:
- Create a backup of the current ownCloud installation.
- Install Nextcloud by following this migration guide.
- Perform the actual upgrade for all apps: $ php occ upgrade --no-app-disable.
- For each third party app: disable it in the WebUI, reload, enable it in the WebUI.
- Recover missing files: $ php occ files:scan --all.
- Check if the calendar/contacts migration worked as expected.
- Update the Nginx configuration.
- Remove the old ownCloud installation.
- For each mobile phone: replace the ownCloud app with the Nextcloud app.